Curious about Cannabis
With many states now selling legal cannabis, you may be heading into a dispensary for the first time for a little bit of recreation. Check your states marijuana legislation here. Cannabis has come a long way from the joints of the past. Not just for smoking, you can receive the health benefits of the herb through other methods without damaging your lungs.
Here are a few of the ways you might find them in your local dispensary:
- Vaporizers: Cannabis does not actually have to touch flame for the healthful chemical compounds to become available. In fact, using a vaporizer lets you inhale the chemical compounds without the harmful smoke.
- Edibles: The classic brownies are an endearing story about how people consume cannabis, but edible products are rapidly expanding, including everything from infused lemonade to gummy candies to garlic crackers. So if you want to ingest it this way, there will be some flavor of product to suit your tastes.
- Cannabis Oil: Despite its name, this product is usually sold in capsules, although plastic applicators are also available. You can consume the oil directly, or add it to a food or drink that you prepare at home. Great side benefit, the capsules will fit right into your daily pill regimen, which is helpful for medical users.
- Tinctures: A tincture is a traditional herbal preparation that infuses a liquid, usually some sort of alcohol, with an herb. Taken under the tongue, cannabis tinctures are easy to use, fast-acting, and allow for careful dosing. The products are available in many different flavors and strengths to accommodate personal needs.
- Topicals: Cannabis has the ability to relieve pain and soreness without the altered perception effects. To take advantage of this, it can be prepared in topical salves, lotions, and balms, that are rubbed on the appropriate area to ease discomfort.
- Teas: Like any other herb, cannabis can be prepared as a tea and drunk for healthful benefits.
If you think cannabis might help with a medical condition, or you’re ready to enjoy the euphoric high that this product can safely provide, stop by your local dispensary. If you’re not sure which preparation will best suit you and your life, talk to the folks at the shop. They should be quite familiar with the effects and benefits of cannabis and can help guide you to the right product for your personal needs.
Want to know more about how cannabis can benefit you? Ask to speak with an FWC specialist today.